Vivian black escort no strings attached Perth

vivian black escort no strings attached Perth


Vivian black escort no strings attached Perth

Needless to say by the time I telephoned they had all gone home, apart from the my wife gave birth to our twins, Richard Donald Barrow and Vivienne Jane Barrow. . By the roadside just prior to the Perth 'IN' Control we were having our rear Timo said to me "me try harder tomorrow" this he promptly did with a string of. Latest Perth news on the Western Australia capital's weather, Scorchers and Perth Glory plus The year-old has only been modelling for Vivien's for a year. Man stumbles upon handwritten guest list for wild all-night hotel 'orgy party' .. sent a text message asking if he was interested in sex and attached his number. 8 Dec Northbridge is the spiritual heart of Fringe, with the Perth Cultural Centre Go Back to Black with Amy and delve into her intriguing life of addiction, men & that beehive. 1 hour comedy show, no strings attached. Miranda Kane became a £ a night escort, even though she weighed over lbs!.

This they did successfully over a 4 year period. John is a dental surgeon, practising in Auckland. He restored this car in the early s and has been competing in Historic racing in New Zealand and occasionally Australia ever since. In November , he and a number of others took their cars across to Perth to compete in the 50th Anniversary meeting of the Australian Grand Prix.

The race was run on the Caversham circuit and was won by Bruce McLaren. It was sold to Clive Bush who raced it at Levin and did a few hillclimbs before stripping off the body and adding extensions onto the frame to run as a sports-racing car with a new full-width body. It ended up in the South Island. John traced it to Christchurch where he bought the remains of the original car in He has been racing this car ever since. Leigh entered into the Targa New Zealand race from — R Crisp sold the car to Bruce McLaren in september Bruce brought the car without an engine, and fitted the cc Ford engine.

Bruce raced it without mudguards and windscreen and won the sports car race at western Springs in May He also won an autocross race in Kumeu the same year. He also raced the car at Muriwai beach. It was then owned by Edmund Sharrock.

Bought in by Barry Howard in poor condition. Restored, restoration completed in Front suspension independent as per factory. Noel started collecting motorcycles at age 17, and he now has He started racing in with a modified Harley Davidson road bike, no. Noel also raced in the class on a Ducati, 2nd equal , and the class on a Norton, championship winner He has raced at two Philip Island meetings, once on the Harley and once on a Triumph.

The bike was purchased in , it had been in a Christchurch motorcycle shop for several years unsold until offered as the prize in a radio station promotion. It then passed through several hands before Noel purchased it with the intention of racing.

It has been riden every year since, regularly finishing 2nd and 3rd in the Championship. Harley XRTT, factory race bike, no. Purchased in from Holland. One of built in only. Many remained unsold in so over were scrapped as a tax write off. Used now for show and parades only.

In later years Max competed in rally sprints from — He started racing a Ford Anglia with Possum Bourne as his co driver. They won many competitions this car. Max holds two Rallycross championships in addition to many hillclimb and rallysprint records from the late s and early s. Max sold the Escort in and it was turned into a circuit car. He bought it back in for Rods 60th birthday hillclimb.

One of the best things he ever did, It was a lot of fun! Last year it was driven by Elliot Forbes Robinson a well know race legion. This year Max is driving. It covered all the race tracks in NZ from Pukekohe to Invercargil with special stages between each Track. The car used to be a 4 cylinder GT model. Then it was cut down to a B Roadster model and fitted with a Fuel Injected 3.

It has about BHP at the rear wheels. In the late s, Glenn raced the last two years of group two saloons in a Lotus Cortina. Around the same time, he contested hill climbs and grass track racing around North Island in a Cortina GT. He was also a member of both Auckland and Thames Valley car clubs. Philip is 44 years old and has been in motorsport since He competed in 5 Targa events not including Targa.

It is the correct colour and decals from DJR racing, interior modern for safety reasons, cleveland and tremac gerbox, horse power, road legal targa car, completion date to be prior to Leadfoot Fesitval and the Festival will be its first event. Exterior to be exact replica of DJR car. This is a genuine Ford factory works-Eggenberger team car, right down to its original LHD race shell, running gear, race fittings and Bosch electronics.

Driven and raced by all of the famous European drivers that Ford had on its payroll at the time, with an impeccable race and championship winning history. It is presented here in near ready-to-race trim in its striking red and black Texaco livery from His first car was a Morris Oxford fitted with a 4 cyl Austin Healey motor. In he acquired his current race car also a Ford Escort Mk 2 RS but not turbo charged which he has developed over the past 23 years.

This car has all the heavy original steel body panels, boot and bonnet, all the interior trim, carpets and seats apart from the drivers seat. The engine is the jewel and Bruce as a well respected race car engine builder has continually developed and experimented with his engine such that today it readily runs into the high rpms and does so with absolute reliability.

The sound when on full song never fails to delight. Phil has been racing F since Mercedes-Benz stated that they would build 3, SLRs over seven years, with an annual production of cars. It was introduced on 17 November Further development was done by Graeme Sutton also of New Plymouth, who has raced it successfully in many hill climb events throughout the North Island. Using a tubular steel space frame, this car is powered by a Yamaha R1 cc motorcycle engine developing hp. With a dry weight of kg the Jedi has an excellent power to weight ratio.

Tony McCall started racing off roaders in , 5 years racing of sprint cars, won numerous titles. Its a single seater mid mounted chev engine, with a sequencial trans-axle. Paul has been involved with motor racing since his early teens. The bike was prepared from new, along with a matching cc Manx, by the legendary British tuner Ray Petty and incorporated a number of his modifications to make it competitive at the top level.

Pawson returned to NZ with both bikes and competed for another season with success. He then sold the bike to Max Cleverly of Hamilton. Ken has been racing motorcycles since He is the owner and founder of McIntosh Racing. At that time most cars struggled to do 60 mph. Brough-Superior held the outright motorcycle World Speed Record three times including the record of The bike is in basic SS road trim, less lights , and has easily topped mph on the Pukekohe back straight, easily exceeding the makers MPH guarantee.

Bruce began his motorsport career in Go-Karts in and progressed to car club events in winning the club over 3. Bruce progressed to rallying in , with success in a Datsun Z before changing to a variety of Ford Escorts.

Keith has been racing girder fork bikes for many years. He has raced mostly on tracks and street races in the South Island including the Burt Munro. It has since been run at Hampton Downs successfully for the Roycroft Trophy. Prior to that he was a top rally driver in the US, and became the first works backed driver from a car manufacturer with GM in after narrowly losing to Ken Nomura in the US D1 Grand Prix exhibition event in To learn more about your host and the cars he has on the Leadfoot Ranch, click here!

Gordon raced in harley davidson series from till cancellation of series. Gordon raced sporster and buells bears meeting ,pukekohe,manfield,ruapuna to date. His top speed was mph.

Only 50 were produced for AMA racing. It is bhp with lbs of torque at redline of rpm. Only sold to private racers upon application to Harley. This was so they would be used and not collected.

This one was the only one at the time in australasia. Peter has been an enthusiastic motorcyclist for most of his life. Proctor used the machine to make three attempts on the Motorcycle Land Speed Record. The first of these was at Verneukpan a dry lake bed in the Northern Cape, about miles from Cape Town. Verneukpan was used several years earlier by Sir Malcolm Campbell and the renowned Bluebird.

Although the surface was unsatisfactory Proctor succeeded in setting a new South African mark for the flying mile of His next attempt at Kaalfontein, with a streamlined shell, nearly cost him his life when the machine took command at mph. In — on his birthday and minus the streamlining — he pushed the South African record up to Proctor was awarded his Springbok colours for Motorcycling. Incredibly this was done on a rural road outside of Christchurch.

Rear Transfer case is a Pagero unit cut in half and adapted to fit the rear diff. Rhys has been messing about motorsport since the mid s, always on the fringes, and never made the steps to compete at any serious level until the last 3 years. Previously in the 70s he had a Buckler, Hillman Husky with the obigatory bigger engine, earlier model than the famed Millen Cob, rallied one of the ex Heatway Skodas, and then stumblled across the sheer fun of Vintage racing.

The creator was Steve Sharp of Greenhithe who has given an artists perspective to it. First motorsport competition was entrant in the last Golden Shell Rally. Heatway Rally marshall and then 6 times Targa New Zealand entrant. Scott is a classic racer turned endurance racer. He competed at Nurburgring 24 hr, Bathurst 24hr and 12hr plus Silverstone 24hr. Dave started racing Motocross at 14 and still compete at the occasional MX event. It is a genuine SLR, but needed alot of love!

After the daily driving chores were over Dave decided to rebuild it into a race car, completing the build in 2 years. Tom is a late starter to racing, only getting involved with the Alfa Romeo Owners Club racing series when he was Now racing an Alfa Sud in that and the Arrows series, he holds the lap record for any Alfa Romeo at Pukekohe raceway 1: While late out of the blocks, he has always been enthusiastic about racing.

Enough to walk from Timaru to Levels raceway and back as a youngster, sneaking in through the hedge to watch Ernie Sprague, Red Dawson, Dennis Marwood, Rod Coppins and the like battle it out in hot Humber 80s, then hand grenade Anglias, Cortinas and such.

Glory days, with spectators 3 deep along all the fences. Mark has been competing in motorsport for 43 years. He also competed in Classic Circuit racing in most of these cars. Kerry has been riding motorbikes since he was 14 years old.

He owes his love and addiction of old bikes of any make to his late brother Bernie. That was it, Kerry has been hooked on old Harleys ever since. He has also been racing this bike competitively in the Vintage Class since He won the Perrone trophy and Championship firsts, and has also received awards for best performance on a hand change machine.

He has achieved a top speed of 98mph so far. It has been built up as a racer to represent the many road motorcycles that were modified for the various types of racing that existed in the late s and s in New Zealand.

This bike is a cc inlet over exhaust V Twin with total loss oiling system. It has a 3 speed hand change transmission with a foot operated clutch. It is push start. Front and rear brakes have been fitted for safety, as the original competition bikes had none. From the age of 15 Clark has been involved in the dynamics of wheels, speed and racing. He started with motorcycles, road racing and motocross.

At age 17 he became more interested in 4 wheels and started racing stock cars. He quickly moved through the grades in the first season from C to A grade. Over the following 20 years six new cars were built and raced by Clark. All engineering works on the cars including engine rebuilds were undertaken by Clark in his own workshop. Limited a well established scrap metal exporting business with its Head Office in Auckland.

He brings the same passion and will to succeed to his driving as he has used to create this highly successful business. Dallas has raced motorcycles for 30 years in New Zealand and overseas. He is recently retired from Classic Racing.

Long racing involvement with Ducati bikes in NZ as a rider and then sponsor. Primarily designed to compete in the European single cylinder championship series, the cc 4 valve desmodromic fuel injected engine features an unusual twin con rod articulated counter balance system which allows maximum revs to exceed This was unheard of for such a large single. Extensive use of carbon fibre keeps the weight down to kg. The previous year Robert won the same class on a sister bike to this one.

Only two such examples of this fine and rare racing Ducati are in New Zealand. Jim has competed in many races through the years. During that time, he was also the back to back champion of the Benson and Hedges race. Limited race history over its life, but an original example none-the-less. Roy was born and lived in Hamilton nearly all his life. His first car was a Ford Model A that he purchased when he was Roy has owned a wide variety of early Fords and V8s, Lincoln Zephyrs and more recently delved into vintage racing machinery — speedway midget, hill climb sprinter, both fitted with V8 60 engine and driven in a few vintage hill climb and circuit race meetings.

It has competed in several vintage hill climbs and circuit race meetings during the last 10 years. First drove a single seater around Manfeild at the age of 3 and from then on petrol has flown though the veins, Mazda Mx5 and then moving into a faster Morris Minor powered by a Toyota twin cam and then into supercharged Chevron sports car, with class wins 3 years in a row.

In the car was purchased from Roger by Alastair Russell. Rear drive train is Independent, comprising a cut down Ford 10 axel and differential and sliding articulated drive shafts. Nigel rescued the car in and since restoring it it has been extensively raced and hill climbed in New Zealand and at Phillip Island, Calder and Eastern Creek circuits in Australia.

He is an avid restorer with an eye for detail. Each restoration has many hours of research searching for the most correct syle or design of each part. The reward is the enjoyment everyone receives when seeing these vehicles in use on the roads, whether it is race track, hill climb events or touring the country.

It was restored Michael came to motor sport later in life but has now been racing for many years. He has competed in numerous Targa and other tarmac rallies and also classic race meetings in NZ. He has also been lucky to have raced in Europe at circuits such as Monza, Imola, Dijon, Spa and Jerez and have also competed in several tarmac rallies in Spain, France and Italy as well as recently competing at Barbagallo in Perth, W.

It has been in my ownership for the last 10 years and it has been extensively campaigned during that time. Over its life it has had many engine options including BDA, Crossflow, Pinto and now it runs with a 2. He was also very successful in that series and eventually sent the car back to NZ when he recieved his new Falcon Sports sedan again built by Murray bunn. I bought the Mustang from Jim in and raced it in the NZ sports sedan series till and has sat while I have raced in other classes and added to my collection of 28 cars.

He raced for several seasons winning the championship and doing many endurance based races on NZ tracks. This car was built by a very good friend and work mate of his, named Jim Walker. Sadly both have passed away or the stories could be on going for ever. The Coupe was badly damaged in a race at Ruapuna where Ron got his jandels stuck under the pedals.

This caused a panic in the time to get the damaged car ready for a race that was to be two weeks from the time of the crash, so whilst Ron was getting repaired in hospital with a damaged shoulder etc Jim was building the car to race again. The Coupe had some great wins over that period. The car is all steel and original solid beam front suspension with a Chev diff with 3. Its design is totaly unique with all main components having been highly modified which includes a hand built fuel injection system.

It has been raced in the U. The car has been featured in major classic car magazines world wide. Rayden started competing in club events in a Singer special at age 16 and has owned and raced the ex — Jim Richards Willment Escort twin cam since Mark Donohue won 7 of the 9 Trans am races in Donohue had influence in the AMC body shape of the model with the large fenders for bigger rubber and the air spoilers front and rear.

Nicknamed the Breadvan Anglia. Lotus Twin cam engine and running gear. Donald is the only person apart from the late George Smith to regulary drive the car and has won many events including Hill Climbing, Sprints and Circut Racing. The front and back end of the chassis was cut up and new chassis rails folded and welded to the Model T chassis housing.

Ford V8 brake drums were fitted to the Model A front axle and back axle, the Model A crown wheel and pinion adapted to fit the Ford V8 diff housing, Ford V8 gear box modified and fitted to a Ford V8 modified motor.

When George retired the car was sold to Frank Shuter of Christchurch, raced once for the opening of Ruapuna Raceway then dismanteled and on sold by Franks son Rod in a heap of bits to Bill Clark of Christchurch. In I negotiated with Bill to become custodian of the car and rebuilt the heap of bits to it to its current Road Racing Form with the help of several friends to obtain bits for the Gee Cee Ess. Since the car has been raced by myself winning numerous Hill Climbs and Sprint Events throughout the country for over 30 years.

The car is now owned by the Herrick Family Trust and I have a lease over the car for 10 years. The only thing missing is the original grill stolen from my house in Paraparumu and the set of Ardun Heads which are in safe hands of the current owner of one of Georges other cars the Allard Sports Car in Queenstown. He competed with distinction, gaining a reputation, usually justified, as a somewhat wild and spectacular driver.

Car of choice back then was the venerable Lotus Twin Cam Escort, highly modified, air to say however, not sophisticated compared to what is available these days.

This weekend sees a change of machinery, the beautiful Alfa Romeo with its supercharged 8 cyl engine, then a complete contrast with a Ferrari F Furthermore, it was built with only the most essential systems and in many regards is a supercar with functional simplicity.

Truly a piece of Italian mechanical artistry, this particular car is powered by a straight eight supercharged 2. In its day capable of winning almost every event in which it entered.

Trevor bought his first motorcycle in as a 15 year old, a Puch scooter and he has bought approximatly 90 more to date. Trevor started racing again in with a TZ Yamaha and has built up a collection of mainly Yamaha 2 stroke racing motorcycles since. The majority of production were 4 stroke and singles including production racer versions. The 2 stroke racers were developed in the early to replace the aging single cylinder and 4 stroke race bikes. His many and diverse hobbies includes the restoration of classic and vintage vehicles.

He has just recently progressed to driving his collection of restored classic performance vehicles and bikes on the race circuit. This bike was purchased from a museum collection, and restored by Bryan Thomas to period condition as was delivered for racing in It is fitted with an original megaphone exhaust system which delivers a vibrant quivering sound of yester-year motorcycle racing. She had lusted after the car for some 20 years after seeing it in Christchurch in a derelict condition.

As the only known survivor of that first Grand Prix the Darracq was the centerpiece of the event which ran the cars around the original km circuit and was widely demonstrated in France including a race around the inner streets of Paris, laps at the French Grand Prix and the 24 hour race at Le Mans. She takes part in as many events locally as possible as she feels that as the current custodian of the very historic vehicle it is her pleasure to share it with other enthusiasts.

The event was a 2-day affair running six laps of the km road circuit each day. The 3 Darracqs all withdrew with valve problems, but her car went on to America a few months later where it won the Vanderbilt Cup at Long Island, again being driven by Louis Wagner.

This was the second win at this prestigious event for Darracq. In it was purchased by Malcom Campbell in England and christened Bluebird — the first of a long line of his cars, boats and aircraft so to be named.

Campbell raced the car with success at Brooklands until selling it in to his friend Neville Minchin. In the engine was acquired by Bob Beardsley who set about the task of finding the correct parts to recreate the car into its original form. Although Bob never got the car to run he did succeed in piecing together the major parts into a rolling chassis, so saving the project.

The car has been returned to its Grand Prix form but still incorporates some of the mods done pre WW1. Technical details; 4 cylinder mm x mm, It was a cc Harley-Davidson, no doubt the reason he has a passion for Harleys to this day.

Owner of the Thomson Motorcycle Museum, a world renowned collection of about bikes and associated memorabilia, initially started by his father, Andrew Thomson, who began collecting veteran and vintage motorcycles in My passion is now researching and recording New Zealand motorcycling history to preserve the stories for future generations. This motorcycle is an unrestored 2 owner c. It won the State Championship the first year it competed, winning outright its first State Championship evert.

Mark competed from to winning the P4 class Australian Rally Championship. It then went to an owner in Queensland that used it in Targa Tasmania.

It was then sold to a wrecking yard in Perth, it was then bought back by Mark Taylor in Mark then sold it to me and a full restoration was undertaken to bring the car to its former glory. David Thompson, 63 retired, club racing in s did 1 year Shell Sport. In he did Targa with his son, then they got back into racing on a regular basis, many events at Pukekohe, Taupo and Manfield.

Racing in classic saloons and now he races historic saloon class. Then it was owned by Roy Harrington, raced in the under 2 litre Shell Sport championsip, with a cc Brian Hart twin cam. The car sat from until David purchased it in from Roy Harrington. The car has had a full rebuild using as many original component as possible. Only major items changed are the roll cage, seat and dry sump tank.

The car now races in under 3 litre historic saloons. Clive has been involved in offroad racing on and off over the last 30 years but really renewed his interest when his son Max became involved as his co-driver in Over those years they built 3 cars together and raced them with the progression of him share driving this car at the Taupo in with his Son in Law Sam now in the co-drivers seat. This is truelly a family affair with his wife, Mary, daughter Stacey and now my his Grandson Tanner being hugely involved with the many race meetings.

Chev LS6 hp and new Albins 5 speed sequential gearbox. Runs 24inch of front suspension travel and 22inch rear. The top speed is kph. Conrad has been in motorsports for 20 years as a mechanic, engineer and a weekend warrior.

Neil was born in Te Awamutu in He has raced and rallied in Club events since he was 15 Valiant and Morris and competed regularly for 30 years in my Jag 3. The Capri is a standout car, winning many Targa Classic and circuit events. He is retired and lives in Auckland with Irena, and Lenny the mini Schnuazer. He has two grown up kids Ben and Hannah, and granddaughter Mila.

The manufacturer, Basil Green, produced over cars fitted with the 5 litre Mustang Windsor V8 which replaced the English V6 3 litre. The cars dominated South African saloon car racing and were formidable road cars being lighter and more powereful the the Mustang. From its first outing 10 years ago it has been a winner with many Targa Classic wins, and has been placed as high as second overall in front of WRXs, Evos, GT3s and many other modern and classic Targa cars. It is also effective on the race track despite its higher and softer rally setup.

The car is road registered and is a delight to drive hard and fast with hp. Roger started competing in a standard MK 1 Escort on crosply tyres in South island shingle hillclimbs and Autocrosses. He watched many early rallies including early 70s Heatway international events in the South Island and became hooked on rallying. Navigated for a while and then he started rallying Datsun s in the Westland rally where he won several mainland 0 to cc championships in 3 differant s. Continued to rally and race this car in many varied events including 3 memorable Wellinton street race sports and GT events winning 2 of them.

Went circuit racing in early 90s where he started the Mazda RX7 class which still survives to this day. Competed in the Nissan mobile race at wellington in a Corolla, 3 Targas in the Escort with 3 consecutive top ten places only spoilt by a big accident as a result of a compnent failure on the very last stage after 6 days while in 5th overall.

Still have the Escort and continue to rally and race it. Purchased in 93 in totally origional as raced in 72 condition and restored by the owner early Fraser Cars has been handcrafting sports cars for 25 years. After years working as a chassis builder for the business, Scott Tristram bought Fraser Cars with his wife, Ida, in This means we can keep the quality but still think creatively so we can deliver what people really want to drive.

Scott actively competes in hill climbs, rallies, motorkhana and track events. Shane Van Gisbergen was born to race. From pestering his Dad Robert to buy him a Suzuki ATV at the tender age of five, to signing — at just 17 years of age — a contract to race V8 Supercars for top Ford team Stone Brothers Racing, the constant in his life has been competition.

Since then he has been on a fast track to major league Australasian success, winning the New Zealand Formula Ford championship in and finishing a close second to teammate Daniel Gaunt in the Toyota Racing Series in Later the same year he signed a long-term driver contract with Stone Brothers Racing, making the V8 Supercar championship debut he has always dreamed about at the Oran Park round in August.

He started motorcycling in and formed an interest in road racing, joining the Auckland Motorcycle Club in and taking part in local events. He owned and raced 3 other Yamaha machines before retiring in Sold in to make way for a new model. Based on production Villiers engine with Greeves designed crankshaft, cylinder barrel, head, piston and expansion exhaust. Four speed gearbox with close ratio gears. Greeves designed and built frame, Girling shocks and single leading shoe brakes front and rear.

Donn White has a first hand involvement in motoring and motorsport that goes back 45 years. Donn also worked as a free lance motorsport photographer and journalist on both sides of the Tasman for nearly 20 years. One of the 17 owners after that was Heather Spurle who used this Mini as her first competition car. On SS1 he over drove the car and at the spectator point had a monumental high speed nose dive immediately followed by an overshoot where the engine stopped.

It took ages to start the V8 engine and we limped off the stage with steam coming from the front end and the temperature gauge in the red. Thankfully, where at the pre-event meeting I had pushed very hard for a service crew to be stationed at the end of SS1, they discovered the fan blades were still embedded into the radiator which was all replaced and topped up. Just prior to entering the Quantocks special stage we were the last car in a convoy of other works cars and I said we turn right into the forest in yards, all the other cars went straight on, he refused to turn right insisting that I check the M.

I assured him I was right because I had been through the same stage just weeks before, he would not budge. Minutes later the convoy arrived back and turned into the junction, he then followed them in, no apology was offered, at the stage start he shouted, 'pass my crash hat' he was in a right rage. Halfway through the stage the engine started to misfire, signalling the failure of a head gasket, brilliant I thought, let's hope it expires on a road section far enough away from a service point.

Up to this point in my rallying career I had always enjoyed the company of all my previous drivers, and then I was paired with PH , I had never experienced such a total disregard for a fellow crew member, he was so argumentative, arrogant, ill mannered and pompous, I hated his company and I was simply hoping the engine would fail.

However we managed to limp into the Bristol Airport service point, where, hallelujah! Tiny Lewis who was in the Rootes Team driving a Hillman Imp allowed us the use of his house to stay overnight near Bristol.

Unbeknown to me PH had telephoned his girl friend - no names that would be unfair - so lets call her Sally and she apparently arrived overnight which then provided us with transport to get back to London. On the way we stopped for lunch at a roadside restaurant and the pair of them created an awkward situation by canoodling with one another and ending up with Sally sat on his lap kissing and cuddling. Highly embarrassed, I topped up the wine glasses, at which PH looked away from Sally and said 'and you poured the wine just like a plumber too', I could have hit him over the head with the wine bottle.

So there you have the answer to my abhorrent feelings to such a distasteful individual. A miss Plot on these maps could have been disastrous. This was an ex-Spa-Sofia-Liege car and the long range fuel tanks had been removed, the fuel entry point on the rear wing had been plugged with a 4 inch rubber grommet.

On the last night we came into Londonderry to refuel, the Time Control was in the filling station. I was busy in the car plotting up the new Route Card and a strong whiff of petrol became apparent, Roy appeared and I asked what the smell was all about, at which he shot to the back of the car and a great argument ensued. By this time I was feeling quite ill, but in true Navigators spirit, I plotted on.

Roy knocked on the window and beckoned me to the rear of the car, on looking into the cavenous boot I could see it was half full with petrol. Paddy had prised the grommet off the wing and pumped 10 gallons of juice directly into the boot! I lifted the carpet and pushed out a couple of floor grommets to start it to drain off. Meanwhile Roy had got Paddy to put another 10 gallons into the proper fuel tank. Fuel was running all over the place and we pushed the car off the forecourt, Roy and Paddy were arguing like 'hell' over the cost of the extra 10 gallons which Roy refused to pay for.

We set off in this lethal mobile bomb with all the windows down and with my hand stinging with pain from the fuel.

At every Time Control, Roy would wait outside the Control area and shout his 'war cry' of "put your bloody fags out, before we come in". What a night we had, the overdrive stuck in the 'on' position which meant we had a high second, third and fourth gears with no reverse, which added to the pressure of not wrong slotting.

It's amazing that we survived to tell the tale, however we finished a well earned 5th overall. As well as the re-fuelling fiasco we also had no headlights on the LH side, the two guys from the local Triumph dealers had been trying to fathom out the fault all day at every stop.

They kept looking in their service manual for possible answers. Anyway, enough was enough and with the last night section about to start. I asked them to simply put a pair of wires from the RH headlight connectors and link them over to the LH, obviously removing the duff circuit ones.

Hey Presto - And we had lights all night long, but with the overdrive stuck open, giving us overdrive, second, third and top gears and NO reverse gear!

Ian Hall and I in his works Hillman Imp, competed on the Jeans Gold Cup rally, also entered were Jim Bullough and Mike Sutcliffe, my intention was to get in conversation with Jim at the finish and hopefully team up with him for Well half way through the Jeans Gold Cup event, the Imp started to give trouble, Ian new about my plan and so we limped to the finish at Charnock Richard Services on the M6. We sat at a table opposite the entrance and as soon as Jim and Mike came in I asked if they would like to join us and during the breakfast conversation, Jim asked who I was navigating for in , needless to say the rest is now history.

On Special Stage 13! Low and behold his brother and his then girl friend were spectating at that very corner. We eventually got recovered out of the stage and headed off back to Glasgow in his brothers car, we eventually stopped for lunch at a hotel.

So after the grief of retiring from the event, the day did not not turn out too bad after all!!!! As a further story about the Scottish International. Harry had all the prep work done at the customer service Comps Dept, and they were obviously going to service his car throughout the rally. So you can imagine the night before scrutineering, Harry takes all twelve of them out for dinner and drinks. Our small group had just arrived back at the Rootes Group rally hotel to see them all arrive, Harry was fussing around taking their drinks order for a night cap, Jim who was the service foreman said, "No Way, I've had enough drink for one night" Harry would not take no for an answer and kept insisting he had a brandy, "NO WAY" was the answer again, Harry not to be outdone, pestered him once again with, "Come on Jim your letting the side down, you have got to have something" Jim replied "Well go on then, you've twisted my arm, I'll have 20 Woodbines!!

Jim Bullough and I were in big trouble with sump shield problems and after leaving the Turnberry Main Control we deviated off route to a local garage to effect emergency repairs. After welding into position a piece of steel off a farm implement - I remember one of the guy's saying it was now as strong as a 'brick shothouse' or words to that effect - this deviation delayed us by about 40 minutes and was followed by a long road section which I drove through the centre of Glasgow and on to the next Special Stage.

From previous experiences in Scotland I was adhering strictly to the speed limits especially in the 30 areas, because the Police were using new roadside Radar units.

However on the outskirts of Glasgow I became very aware of large crowds of people waving flags and hats as we approached, which I thought was most unusual. As we neared the centre of the City the crowds of people became stronger all cheering and shouting.

As we travelled down the main street in Glasgow between the numerous traffic lights, something caught my eye in the rear view mirror, this was a full blaze of two headlights and four spotlights travelling at a fair rate of knots coming down the outside lane of the slow moving traffic. As I was pulling up at the red traffic lights, a policeman positioned himself in the middle of the road stopping all traffic and waved this fireball through which was of course Jim Clark in his Lotus Cortina, as he passed us at the red lights he must have been doing about 50 - 60 mph and continued on the opposite side of the road right through several traffic lights in the same fashion.

This was a sight to behold and he was in a right flapping state, because someone had given him an eiderdown to stuff in the gaping door hole of his MK1 Lotus Cortina and naturally about a third of it was flapping outside the car. As soon as he had passed us the policeman simply disappeared leaving me to wait for the green lights.

Later in the afternoon on the Newcastleton Stage we went off the track and slide into a ditch, this delayed us for about 30 minutes and badly damaged the cross member and steering handlebar, we emerged in the dark with our front wheels pointed outwards. As we left the Stage Finish Control, I caught a glimpse of a Ford service vehicle - their service cars were all adorned with a red fluorescent stripe down their sides - amongst the shrubbery, I dashed across and discovered Ginger Devlin and crew who were pretty reluctant to assist at first.

However they managed to pull our wheels in a bit but they were still toeing out a mile. During this operation I asked Ginger why they were still waiting at the Stage Finish, he confided in me that Jim Clark's car was still in the forest, but added that the Road Book and Time Card were still on Time!!

And that we have not seen them!! Did we, of course not!!! We eventually arrived in the Newcastleton Service area, much to the distress of Peter West and crew, who upon examining the damage had to change both struts, cross member, steering handlebar and other bits and bobs. I was due to book in at the Town Hall Control in about 15 minutes time when Peter said, "no chance mate, we will be at least another 40 minutes yet".

There was only one thing to do under the circumstances, I hailed a Taxi, travelled to the Town Hall in my Dunlop Racing overalls with my Road Book, dashed in and booked in on time and returned to the Service area, I thought to myself, what's good enough for the goose, is good enough for the gander. This fuel station is somewhere before the event reached Glasgow. However on the British Club scene, competition was getting tougher, and although we won numerous events in the 'MN' series, we finished off the season 2nd overall in the 'MN' Championship and 25th overall on the RAC Rally.

Prototype of Don Barrow Light Map Magnifier And in between competing at weekends I was also trying to mould the plastic prototype of my Don Barrow Light - Map Magnifier, however this took some years to perfect in what spare time I could find.

I took the very first one I managed to make to show Phil Hardy, a close neighbour, it was about Afterwards I was standing talking and holding the magnifier in my hands behind me when we both noticed quite a cloud of smoke breeze by, we looked at one another and thought no more about it, until it happened again.

Then I had a burning feeling on my backside and sure enough the magnifier had burnt two holes through my trousers and onto my skin!

Everyone was talking about it and were extremely concerned whether the RAC would be cancelled. Low and behold the RAC committee made a decision at the final hour and cancelled the Rally. Everyone was gutted, especially the foreign entrants who had travelled long distances complete with their service crews. So it was a case of 'forget the soft drinks' and head direct for the now over crowded bar.